Thursday, October 23, 2008

New(-ish) Entry

Ok, so the picture doesn't do it any justice. But it looks really really nice. I forgot to take a before pic but trust me, it was not good. (Not the entry--the mirror). I bought it at DI for 15$ (the mirror itself is worth more than that) and it had a horrible wood laminate all over it that was chipped and ugly. It also had a fru-fru apron up top and weird bumps on the side panels. So we cut off the wierdness and I sanded and painted it and then we hung it and put up those hooks underneith. It really brightens up the entry with all the light reflected in there. On the wall to the right is going to be a picture of a grove of trees (the Sacred Grove actually) and then we'll put a small stool in the corner for taking shoes on and off.

Ok, so now imagine the mirror with cream and white candles clustered on the shelves and on the dish rail an assortment of picture frames of different sizes and colors and will cool photos in them. Neat huh. Mom really likes it and I think it's gonna be even more amazing when it's done.

We're also gonna cluster white and cream candles of different sizes and shapes on the mantle in the front room. It'll be just a touch romantic and elegent in it's simplicity. I'm pretty excited abou how the finished look will be. :) I'll put another picture up when all the details are added.

2 comments:

Mike Grace said...

Amazing... that picture looks just like the entrance to my house too. You must have good taste. ;-)

Sam Adams said...

Funny thing about that...