Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cool Design "Stuff"

This first picture is a rendering I did of the bedclothes that are going in the guestbedroom in the basement. Cassie is going to put it together for her home decorating sewing class. It's a win win situation because mom doesn't have to sew it and Cassie doesn't have to buy any materials. See everyone is happy.


This next picture and text comes from (http://www.rafaelmorgan.com/2007/10/light-drop.html) and is pretty much the most awesome light fixture ever! I am determined to have one in my house some day, and by then I'll hopefully be able to afford it.



"This wall-mounted lighting element illuminates the custom-molded polycarbonate bulb with an embedded, dimmable LED in the faucet, which is intuitively controlled by the tap -- the more you twist, the more light you get -- which also is a good way to contextualize energy use (though at a greatly reduced rate, compared to an incandescent version of the same design.

This design won the Third Prize in the Bright LED international design competition, by design boom.

It´s going to be produced by Dark in 2008..."

This information was taken directly from Rafael Morgan's website.

2 comments:

Sam Adams said...

Ashley Warner helped me with the design for the bed. I thought I should probably give her some credit. ;)

Mike Grace said...

I really like the look and feel of design sketches like this one that you have. Way to go!